• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Boot Fitter (different than boot fit)

prsboogie

Ok AZ, newer to the forum and I need a great boot fitter to do some work on my boots. I live in SE Mass and I'm willing to travel to someone worth traveling to. My feet appreciate your input.

Last edited:

HowieT2

Joe at alpine options in the sugarbush access road.

gmcunni

what's the process for fitting.. are repeat visits back to the shop where the fitting is done typical?

Edd

what's the process for fitting.. are repeat visits back to the shop where the fitting is done typical?

Yeah, particularly for folks with problem feet. A good boot shop will work hard to get it right. Always seemed like a tricky job to me.

prsboogie

Anyone ever use Stan and Dan's in No. Conway? Read in a few places they are really good. Also Summit in Framingham? I know they are the ski tune kings but how about boot fitting?

timm

Second on the Ski Stop. They have locations in Canton and Westwood. I would call ahead to make sure a fitter is in (this goes for pretty much any place though).

bigbog

Second on Paul in NH(FeetFirst).
Nick @Mt Snow's shop..
Usually some good people @GMOL(Stratton).
Stan & Dan's is a must stop when I'm over in the N.Conway area..great shop.
I don't know if Gordon Hay is going fieldwork anymore...he knew his stuff(in 80s):-o.
I remember the Ski Stop.(another 80s).

...$.01

Last edited:

Brad J

Stan and Dan's are great, get there in October and ask for Dan, It gets crazy there once the season starts

yeggous

Stan and Dan's in North Conway are excellent. After joining a friend on his trip there to buy boots, I got my custom footbeds there and plan to buy boots through them this season.

My better half bought her boots at Northern Ski Works in Killington. They were also very good.

I'm heard good things about Summit and Strands, but can't comment personally.

I suggest going somewhere that you can easily return for adjustments. You very well may have to return for some tweaks.

prsboogie

I'm going to be at AMV the first week of February so I may wait until then and get the fitting done then. That way I can ski and return if need be. Thanks for all the responses and keep them coming.!!