• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killllington ๐ŸŽฟ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚๐ŸŽฟ๐ŸŽฟ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚๐ŸŽฟ๐Ÿ˜€

BodeMiller1

O
One of the better May superstar days I recollect. Light crowd, perfect weather. Big bumps on the top, middle and lower half mature bumps on half, other half yellow ice with some slush.

For some reason AZ won't let me load pictures, file too large error?
open in software you can edit and drop the pixle. Or reduce the pixle before you shoot the pic.

cdskier

Supply and demand. Demand outpaces supply at this point so there's no reason for that price to be cheap.

Let's look at this another way. It may be one trail, but you can still ski it as many times as you want. So you can get the same amount of skiing in as you could on a day with dozens of trails open if you wanted to. But for some reason they're supposed to give this away? Prices have never directly correlated to the amount of terrain open.

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
Down to just Superstar (5/12/24). Way too many people on the one trail after 9:30 AM. Despite what so many claim, it shows there is a demand for the late season product. My odds for upcoming weeks:
- May 17-19: 95+%
- May 24-27: 80%
- May 31-June 2: 50%
- June 7 or later: less than10%
- Skinning after June 7: 100%
Update as of May17 weekend:
- May 24-27: 90%
- May 31: 20%
- June 1: 80%
-June 2: 20%
- June 7 or later: less than 5%
- Skinning after June 7: 100%

Zand

Looks like a warmup on the way as well. Not exactly a heat wave, but many days of sunny 70s. Plus 4 days of skiing next weekend. If the warmth sticks around, June 1st might be tough. But never count out Killington.

letitsnow1

If they make it to June 1st it would probably be carry your skis on the lift and climb down the headwall. Next week is 85 in the valleys of vt, not sure about the mtn

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
If they make it to June 1st it would probably be carry your skis on the lift and climb down the headwall. Next week is 85 in the valleys of vt, not sure about the mtn
I suspect that the weekend of the 31st thru the 2nd, they will be open only June 1 and what you said above will be true. If it is still skiable T2B, they will be open the 31st and the 2nd.

BTW: If they are open June 1, I think it will be free. I notice they are not offering tickets beyond Memorial Day.

Last edited:

chuckstah

I suspect that the weekend of the 31st thru the 2nd, they will be open only June 1 and what you said above will be true. If it is still skiable T2B, they will be open the 31st and the 2nd.

BTW: If they are open June 1, I think it will be free. I notice they are not offering tickets beyond Memorial Day.
Probably not free, but in the $25-50 range, with the money donated to a local charity. That's what they did for the last couple sketchy closing days.

eatskisleep

They used to have biking and skiing under the same lift ticket when the seasons overlapped. Not this year.

machski

Probably because even K isn't sure they make it past Memorial Day right now.

cdskier

Probably because even K isn't sure they make it past Memorial Day right now.
Exactly. Easier to wait to make tickets available rather than have to refund them if they don't end up opening by some chance.

BodeMiller1

Killington should put a tarp over the glacier. They spend a ton to build it. If the trail was covered from Preston's down when it rained it would be cost effective.

Attachments

• IMG_20240320_181756.jpeg
    IMG_20240320_181756.jpeg
    473.3 KB · Views: 5

SteezyRob

It's supply and demand, one trail can only handle so many people. you could have bought a Spring pass for a few hundred and ski for a few months
oh wow you feel so good saying that don't you. I bet you bought a spring pass just so you could say that when someone correctly points out the insane rates. maybe I only want to go once you self righteous tard.