• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Peeing while skiing

Pee in the woods?

• Yes

Votes: 61 68.5%
  • No

Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Depends on how busy it is

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • No, I'm a girl

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters

Kerovick

One of the guys I was skiing with years ago (notice I didn't say friend) tried to piss off of the lift...

He went the over the shoulder route. Thankfully I was as far away from as I could be on the quad.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I just love the story one of my fellow Guest Services workers told me about the night she followed tracks into the woods, expecting the skier to be smoking, and found him with his trou dropped, peeing instead.

Glenn

I tell my wife "I'm checking for Bears!" *ski into woods, take a leak....exit woods* "All clear hon! No Bears! We're good!"

:lol:

It's usually 3x as fast to ski into the woods, take a leak and leave....vs clicking off the skis....going into the lodge...blahblahblah.

dennis

I can't believe I just read this whole thread, now I gotta pee.

Hawkshot99

I cant stand the feeling of having to go, when I am racing. So part of my pre-run preparation is taking a leak in the woods. Not so much fun when wearing a GS suit though....

deadheadskier

Staff member
One of the guys I was skiing with years ago (notice I didn't say friend) tried to piss off of the lift...

He went the over the shoulder route. Thankfully I was as far away from as I could be on the quad.

Did you tell him, you're supposed to throw salt over your shoulder for good luck, not piss over your shoulder?

catskills

Funny Urban Legend Women caught at top of ski run in need of bathroom facility. from 1930s.

ski.jpg

SkiFanE

What's with the poll answers? Woman here...woods pee-er. I'm germ phobic, and the thought of going into a public restroom with all my ski gear grosses me out. Nevermind the time it takes. I've perfected my tecnique over the years :grin: