• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tremblant Jan 9-11, 2017

Oncefast

If you skied down Lowell Thomas to the Tunnel glade, you came out to a clearing from which a boot pack led to the top of the Expo lift(not running). From there you could get runs off Expo, Nitro and Dynamite with little company. This was a one and done for us as the line for the Duncan was 15+ minutes. Tremblant is great, but did not enjoy the squirrelly rides through Montreal with some of the worst drivers north of DC.

Attachments

• 20170111_132221.jpg
    20170111_132221.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 20170111_135753.jpg
    20170111_135753.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 61

JDMRoma

Awesome report Ed !!

May need to visit this place soon !

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Edd

If you skied down Lowell Thomas to the Tunnel glade, you came out to a clearing from which a boot pack led to the top of the Expo lift(not running). From there you could get runs off Expo, Nitro and Dynamite with little company. This was a one and done for us as the line for the Duncan was 15+ minutes. Tremblant is great, but did not enjoy the squirrelly rides through Montreal with some of the worst drivers north of DC.

I saw the folks hiking up and we considered it but passed. Was having a ton of fun without the extra exertion.

Bypassing Montreal is something I'll consider next time. The route Google takes you through is a narrow mess of a road. Going up we were in and out in about 30 minutes but it was much longer heading back because of a truck breaking down.