• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wyoming Trip - Jackson Hole, Snow King, Grand Targhee

Hillwalker95

that fucking sucks.

there was whispered rumors that my denver flight was going to be diverted to hayden (steamboat) 2 weeks ago and i wasnt comfy til i was on the ground in denver. where we waited 3 hours on the runway for a gate. meant to take off 9:30. took off 10:30. meant to land 11:55. landed 12:55. did not deplane til 3:30. did not have luggage til 4:30.
Were you flying Jetblue by any chance?

AdironRider

If you fly into Jackson on a clear day, it makes sense why they would divert you. Not exactly much room for error.

Vter

God Dam, I can’t hold back any longer. Fuck you Kusty ! You absolutely are the lowest piece of shit that in his own mind has developed into some kind of Pro, cheapskate awesome skier. I hope to NEVER cross paths with you !
Keep track of your vertical MoFo !
I couldn’t give a shit who you fucked over to get a room, meal or flight. Nobody cares about your successful plans…get it YET ? You’re a Selfish Bore, we all get that.

skiur

God Dam, I can’t hold back any longer. Fuck you Kusty ! You absolutely are the lowest piece of shit that in his own mind has developed into some kind of Pro, cheapskate awesome skier. I hope to NEVER cross paths with you !
Keep track of your vertical MoFo !
I couldn’t give a shit who you fucked over to get a room, meal or flight. Nobody cares about your successful plans…get it YET ? You’re a Selfish Bore, we all get that.

Maybe you should seek therapy. It might save your life.

urungus

Sorry to interrupt the ranting … Rebooked on the last flight out of Denver tonight and now boarding. Pilot says conditions in Jackson remain marginal and if there is any deterioration we will have to abort, refuel in Bozeman, then return to Denver for the night. Should be a white knuckler.

djd66

Sorry to interrupt the ranting … Rebooked on the last flight out of Denver tonight and now boarding. Pilot says conditions in Jackson remain marginal and if there is any deterioration we will have to abort, refuel in Bozeman, then return to Denver for the night. Should be a white knuckler.
Good luck! Denver is like an 8 hr drive to Jackson, so hope your flight makes it in. Ski some powder for all of us back east!

urungus

Made it … unfortunately my suitcase containing ski jacket, base layers, helmet, gloves, etc did not … and I thought I was being so clever by bringing my boots on board

IMG_6741.jpeg

IMG_6742.jpeg

IMG_6744.jpeg

kingslug

That sux..happened to me Tahoe once..except they lost everything!
Never found...so I got to buy new stuff on their dime.
I carry on everything but the skis and regular clothes.

skiur

You’re supposed to carry on the stuff you can’t easily rent. Check the boots and skis, they have those everywhere.

Boots are the last thing I would check. I can buy or rent anything else, I can't buy or rent boots that are broken in to my feet. No way I'm wearing rental boots for a week out west.

Zermatt

Boots are the last thing I would check. I can buy or rent anything else, I can't buy or rent boots that are broken in to my feet. No way I'm wearing rental boots for a week out west.
You’re not, because your boots aren’t going to get lost. Boots are easy to rent in the unlikely event your bags are lost or delayed. I’d rather not have to buy a new ski outfit because my bags are delayed so I prioritize that stuff. If you have room to carry boots on the plane go for it, whatever.

I don’t understand the hyper sensitivity to all things ski boots. For so many people the world just ends if their boots aren’t perfect. Constantly buckling and unbuckling, getting them fitted, refitted, visits to the boot oracle. The nightmare induced horror of possibly being separated from your boots.

KustyTheKlown

you're lucky (and so am i, i guess), that we've had very little fuss over boots. ive had 3 pairs over the past 15 years, saw a proper bootfitter for the most recent pair. never went back after my initial fitting.

so many people bemoan their boots

one friend who has been skiing for just 7 years since moving to colorado, uses 'needing to get my boots dialed in' as his excuse for being a shitty skier every time i ski with him. i couldnt wait to be rid of him last week. good to see him but fuck that skiing was torture.

in general tho, i don't want to ever need to rent boots, and if my flight is not direct, i carry them on board. havent been fucked yet in my life on a direct flight...