• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

EVs - New Hampshire gets it right

1dog

The only “scientific truth“ is people need to adapt to driving a more powerful car! Put them into any fast ICE cars, they’ll make the same mistake!

It’s not the car’s fault. It’s the driver. The sooner we legalize computerize self-driving, the safer our highways will be. People will finally be drinking their coffee and eating their breakfast in the car safely.
More reduction in demand from the consumer: https://12ft.io/proxy

Internet Ski Pro

WSJ editorial EPA piece is interesting. We can't even produce enough electricity now without over-bearing regulation that causes: a. high prices - hurting the poor; and b. not enough to power regions in hot weather; c. limits gas powered plants which are half as CO2 producing. . . . .

its worth the read.
In PA Blue Mountain will sometimes have to shut down snowmaking in really cold temps. Its not mining for lithium, or self driving cars thats a travesty, its shutting snowmaking down that we really need to get all turned up about.

bigbob

I worked at Seabrook Station during the construction. Should have finished Unit# 2 and built the sister stations around New England as originally planned. Construction costs on the second unit where much cheaper than the first. the only answer we have for relatively clean base load power is a nuke plant.

1dog

I worked at Seabrook Station during the construction. Should have finished Unit# 2 and built the sister stations around New England as originally planned. Construction costs on the second unit where much cheaper than the first. the only answer we have for relatively clean base load power is a nuke plant.
The French do this right, as one nuclear engineer stated, Americans have many different designs for nuclear power stations, we have many different kinds of cheese, and one design for plants. . . . . paraphrasing of course. . . . .

deadheadskier

Staff member
Unfortunately, I think Fukishima is still so fresh in many Americans minds that the necessary support for nuclear expansion isn't there right now.

I live about a mile from the nearest Fall Out alarm speaker for Seabrook. Can't say I've thought about the potential danger once in my 15 years living here, but many locals do.

bigbob

Unfortunately, I think Fukishima is still so fresh in many Americans minds that the necessary support for nuclear expansion isn't there right now.

I live about a mile from the nearest Fall Out alarm speaker for Seabrook. Can't say I've thought about the potential danger once in my 15 years living here, but many locals do.
Shipyard also has floating nukes. never had an issue, but this would concern me more than Seabrook Station with feet of concrete around it built on top of granite ledge.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Shipyard also has floating nukes. never had an issue, but this would concern me more than Seabrook Station with feet of concrete around it built on top of granite ledge.

Came close to having an issue at Portsmouth Naval Shipyard 12 years ago.

1dog

Fear is a powerful tool. There are people who believe risk can be removed from life. Some believe the government can eliminate risk, others believe thats the biggest risk. Whats the best solution for the most people? It's not black and white. It is worth pursuing.

BodeMiller1

This is another option, Ford Saleen Boss. May get 25 MPH downhill. Butt, when you need to get to a mountain fast. This will do the trick. Boston to Sugarloaf in under 7 hours. Flat.
(You don't have to plug it in :unsure:, it just goes.)

Attachments

• Topthis.jpeg
    Topthis.jpeg
    398.2 KB · Views: 2

2Planker

This is another option, Ford Saleen Boss. May get 25 MPH downhill. Butt, when you need to get to a mountain fast. This will do the trick. Boston to Sugarloaf in under 7 hours. Flat.
(You don't have to plug it in :unsure:, it just goes.)
Say What.....
we do it in under 5 hours from Cambridge, No prob

SkiingInABlueDream

I have mixed feelings about nuclear. It would solve the issue of carbon emissions (for electrical generation at least) without ruining landscapes with solar panels and wind turbines. But there's no good solution for handling the waste. Nobody wants to live near where it gets stored or along a transport route (I don't blame them either). Essentially nuclear is kicking the can down the road. It solves one problem but creates a different one that we don't have a solution for. Yet. Or ever. Or maybe not never. Nobody knows...

Last edited:

Smellytele

JimG.

Staff member
I saw one in person the first time yesterday. I know that the directive is to only produce vehicles that are unattractive and lacking any sex appeal, but this is the ugliest thing I have ever seen on the road. And didn't DeLorean do the stainless finish thing? Still horrific 40 years later.

BenedictGomez

didn't DeLorean do the stainless finish thing?

Yup. Fun fact? I grew up only about 10 miles from him. His estate had these massive iron gates with big cursive "D's on each side - I remember as a kid thinking it was pretty cool. Trump wound up buying the place about 25 years ago and turned it into a golf course.

BodeMiller1

Deloreans were all brushed aluminum or something. The problem was he started trafficking cocaine. Not a solid business decision in hindsight.