• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

First Snowfalls, Upcoming weather and Storms of winter 2023-2024. Storm snow totals, Observations and Predictions?

2Planker

Having lunch now in North Conway. I’m normally one to go out for dinner on overnights here but the forecast has me planning for hunkering down tonight. Tomorrow’s going to be interesting, I plan to be up early shoveling snow before going skiing.
All the N Conway DPW guys were just in Priscilla's saying 18-24 for tonight

skiur

Raining in Rutland right now, mixture of everything at K. Cold air needs to get here but looks to be a while. Snow total estimates are dropping.

MidnightJester

So some weather and Winhold's in Southern VT are starting today. Anyone have any clue to tomorrows roll of the dice with Winds?

2Planker

Dense 6” (guesstimate) in the MWV and still going
9"+ on top of "Rockhouse".
Gusting to 110mph on top of Mt W.
Cat reporting 13" so far...
AT has NO Power at all for now....

Last edited:

Edd

BW claiming 4”. Forecast for further accumulations way down. May have to make another plan for tomorrow.

JDMRoma

BW claiming 4”. Forecast for further accumulations way down. May have to make another plan for tomorrow.
only the Bethleham running today at BW, loon is all on hold and cannon closed for the day

urungus

MRG reporting “The Single Chair and Sunnyside Double are currently unable to run due to high upper mountain winds. The power is out”

Mainer

The wind is cranking where I’m at in the MWV. No power, can’t imagine anything be open today around here.

Mainer

I’ll be surprised if wc is open. You go first and report back

Newpylong

Big winds, maybe 4" here in the Upper Valley of NH/VT. Supposed to get a couple more today. Being way below forecast is fine by me.

snoseek

Not only open but the quad is spinning. The wind and snow is grooming the place perfectly.

Attachments

• 20240404_090828.jpg
    20240404_090828.jpg
    305.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240404_105041.jpg
    20240404_105041.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4

MidnightJester

If this storm can have a little more wrap around effect as it slowly moves on I see (20" or more) at most VT mountain tops by Friday tomorrow. Almost every mountain has currently gained 12"-14" and climbing since last nights closing.

I pulled a abort on driving up this morning for Thursday's riding through the worst of the SNOW storm for possible "HOLDS"
Holds that turned out that are between moderate and severe at most mountains today in VT as I look at the moment. Will be interesting to see if they open later at all.

Anyone braving the SNOW as it falls today?
Live reports if it was worth it? Which mountain lol?

Magic is running its Main Black lift all day today with no holds. That's a nice Lower VT safe area today.

Last edited:

Edd

Snowing again at BW. I think the wind screwed BW and Cannon for totals. If it shifts the right way today they may catch a lot more.