• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Northern New England ski area locusts and their subspecies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew B.

I used to work in the private transportation industry and I couldn't believe how bad the demanding, entitled, narcissistic customer base was. The owner of the company always said "The customer is always right." I fought with him constantly about this. His mantra was "It's easier to get new employees than new customers." That was 8 years ago. Now, he claims he is losing millions of $ turning work away each year because no one wants to works for him. I wonder why?

But in this case, it was the bus driver's fault for not doing the right thing. Blocking an emergency exit is a stupid douchebag move no matter how "special" your passengers are.

Reminds me of another of my pet peeves. Why do BMW drivers think the sign that says No parking fire hydrant is pronounced BMW parking only?

View attachment 57296
Explain that to your insurance company

Granite1

Seriously. The only difference between NH and Mass is one place has lots of coastline and is densely populated, one has mountains and is less densely populated. That's it.

Nativist Xenophobes are some of the worst Americans among us.
Of all the false statements you have made, this childish one is the dumbest of all. Proof of your total ignorance. By the way, the reason I don't ski with anyone on here is because nobody would be able to keep up with me.

Abominable

I smell a ski-off!

Ski-off! Ski-off! Ski-off!

EDIT: Where's HighwayStar been? We need a competent judge.

993cdee4-e727-489e-a1c2-a0826f01c50f.jpeg

deadheadskier

Staff member
Of all the false statements you have made, this childish one is the dumbest of all. Proof of your total ignorance. By the way, the reason I don't ski with anyone on here is because nobody would be able to keep up with me.

Hahahahahahah

Wow

snoseek

I bet I could smoke you on 3 pints a shot of whiskey and of course weed.

Edit I'll throw in a mushroom cap to the mix to give ya a fighting chance

KustyTheKlown

VTer, ornery plow guy, may be a troll. but i also for a minute thought VTer and Granite were the same person, trolling as grizzled locals. i now think VTer is real but kinda funny, and Granite is real and the worst person alive.

awalker

My sister-in-law and her husband and their two older kids just moved to NH today. Born and raised in MA and lived their entire lives there until today. They couldn't wait to get out of MA. About 20,000 people from MA have moved to NH since the last census. Hopefully, most of them have traditional values and will help NH from becoming another MA.
New Hampshire has the second oldest average population of the fifty states (behind Maine), the fourth lowest fertility rate (behind Vermont, Oregon, and Massachusetts), and is estimated to have one of the lowest rate of immigration from international countries. Thus, New Hampshire NEEDS net domestic migration from places like Massachusetts -- without it, New Hampshire's population would collapse over the coming decades, leading to spiraling property taxes as fewer and fewer residents were forced to pay for things like maintaining roads and state employee retirement pensions. Most of the people who will be move to New Hampshire will do so because of the beautiful natural environment and comparatively low cost of living, so I don't think you have anything to worry about on losing "traditional values."

By the way, tourism in New Hampshire employs 49,000 workers, representing 7% of employment in the state. In fiscal year 2021, tourism resulted in spending in the state of $5.5 billion, or $3,960 per New Hampshire citizen, and state tax revenue of $323 million, or $232/person. Lots of small businesses in North Country cater to these tourists. I doubt you'd want to see them go out of business because fewer are visiting, even if they're from out of state.

Not sure if you're being serious with any of your comments on here but think it's worth considering these facts.

snoseek

New Hampshire has the second oldest average population of the fifty states (behind Maine), the fourth lowest fertility rate (behind Vermont, Oregon, and Massachusetts), and is estimated to have one of the lowest rate of immigration from international countries. Thus, New Hampshire NEEDS net domestic migration from places like Massachusetts -- without it, New Hampshire's population would collapse over the coming decades, leading to spiraling property taxes as fewer and fewer residents were forced to pay for things like maintaining roads and state employee retirement pensions. Most of the people who will be move to New Hampshire will do so because of the beautiful natural environment and comparatively low cost of living, so I don't think you have anything to worry about on losing "traditional values."

By the way, tourism in New Hampshire employs 49,000 workers, representing 7% of employment in the state. In fiscal year 2021, tourism resulted in spending in the state of $5.5 billion, or $3,960 per New Hampshire citizen, and state tax revenue of $323 million, or $232/person. Lots of small businesses in North Country cater to these tourists. I doubt you'd want to see them go out of business because fewer are visiting, even if they're from out of state.

Not sure if you're being serious with any of your comments on here but think it's worth considering these facts.
This is a fantastic first post with numbers and facts and stuff.

Granite1

KustyTheKlown

i'm all about someone actually from hte new hampshire north country coming in here and telling this blowhard to shut the fuck up.

2Planker

Right.....
There are some here, possibly twice your age, that would kick your ass HARD

jimmywilson69

Here's a photo from a recent newspaper article in rural NH featuring Granite1.

season 13 GIF

2Planker

He's close to 65. I've seen him mention almost being eligible for Cannons senior pass
Great, maybe he'd like to join us in next weekends Tuckerman's Inferno...

Unless he has a problem getting his ass kicked by a bunch of 70 year old triathletes....

Status
Not open for further replies.