• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pats peak

Dickc

Was at Pat's today. Hurricane is still open, but watch for the bare patches. Most of the rest are still wall to wall, just with some ice flow patches. Was fast and firm at 9AM, but softened up nicely by 11. Had a good day!

thetrailboss

Staff member
Pats runs one hell of an operation. Good crowd today, people lined up to redeem indy and having a good time. Good coverage on both runs plus 2x carpets.View attachment 55208View attachment 55209View attachment 55213View attachment 55211View attachment 55212
Same family ownership. They are passionate about skiing. Great management. Relatively compact operation with a powerful snowmaking system that allows them to open a lot of terrain when conditions are right.

Newpylong

When everyone else was doing lifts and other things Pats was doing snowmaking. When they were done, they did more snowmaking. Finally, more snowmaking. Only then did they begin to look at lifts, and they've replaced them incrementally with used equipment that makes sense for the type of installation they have. They can smoke most similar areas in getting wide open. Crotched used to be neck and neck but not anymore.

BodeMiller1

^^^ (y)
Good to hear, used to go to Pats in the back of a Pinto Wagon with two moms and 4 kids to take lessons on Thursday night. My fondest memory is the french fries. The Pattenals (spelling) have invested money back into the mountain. One of my buddies I grew up with works there (snow making) and he says the mountain treats him very well. TAKE THAT ASPEN :confused:

When I was at Softdesk (down the road) we had a company outing at Pats had the chair was running to the top. Beer, Rugby and weed made that night a beautiful thing. You can see Pat's Peak from a lot of peaks in Concord.

I skied with my father mostly on the bottom lookers right. The sad thing is I'm way to good a skier to get my kicks there anymore.

Attachments

• MEOW.jpg
    MEOW.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 11

eatskisleep

^^^ (y)
Good to hear, used to go to Pats in the back of a Pinto Wagon with two moms and 4 kids to take lessons on Thursday night. My fondest memory is the french fries. The Pattenals (spelling) have invested money back into the mountain. One of my buddies I grew up with works there (snow making) and he says the mountain treats him very well. TAKE THAT ASPEN :confused:

When I was at Softdesk (down the road) we had a company outing at Pats had the chair was running to the top. Beer, Rugby and weed made that night a beautiful thing. You can see Pat's Peak from a lot of peaks in Concord.

I skied with my father mostly on the bottom lookers right. The sad thing is I'm way to good a skier to get my kicks there anymore.
Nice when the lift line has bumps it’s actually a fun spot to shred at.

BodeMiller1

Nice when the lift line has bumps it’s actually a fun spot to shred at.
I've never been to the new trail pod. I've never been to Saddleback. Pats is a good place to go with kids. Some of the big places are scarry to me, so there's that.