• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

mikec142

Sad that another season has come to an end for me...in reality, it came to an end at the end of March as I just couldn't get back to VT due to work and social obligations.

I look forward to an off season of bitching and moaning and will be excited to complain about snowmaking issues in November. I'll also look forward to second guessing every off season decision that's made by SB. Cheers to all and hope that everyone has a great off season.

WinS

Sad that another season has come to an end for me...in reality, it came to an end at the end of March as I just couldn't get back to VT due to work and social obligations.

I look forward to an off season of bitching and moaning and will be excited to complain about snowmaking issues in November. I'll also look forward to second guessing every off season decision that's made by SB. Cheers to all and hope that everyone has a great off season.
Retirement is wonderful. Now I can just enjoy skiing. But seriously, I think the Sugarbush team did an excellent job this year given some very challenging early season conditions. And I appreciate the way Alterra in not micro-managing as others might and providing Sugarbush will a lot of capital for improvements.

mikec142

Retirement is wonderful. Now I can just enjoy skiing. But seriously, I think the Sugarbush team did an excellent job this year given some very challenging early season conditions. And I appreciate the way Alterra in not micro-managing as others might and providing Sugarbush will a lot of capital for improvements.
Win,

I'm in 100% agreement. I'm of the mindset that Sugarbush is doing everything they can to make the overall experience as positive as it can be. And if there are a few bumps along the way, I'm happy to accept them as it's easy to Monday morning quarterback other people's decisions. It's not as easy to do it yourself. Cheers!

HowieT2

so, what is your final ski day count?
#jealous
Although, despite being fully employed and residing in the suburbs of NYC, I got 25 days in this season. So I can't complain. I also was most fortunate in hitting things right such that most of those days were legit powder days.

mikec142

so, what is your final ski day count?
#jealous
Although, despite being fully employed and residing in the suburbs of NYC, I got 25 days in this season. So I can't complain. I also was most fortunate in hitting things right such that most of those days were legit powder days.
I'm also working full time and live 5.5 hours from Sugarbush. My final day count of 18 was a bit disappointing because on was on pace for 25ish days and then never got back to VT after President's Weekend.

As an aside, 20 days is a lot when you don't live near a mountain (or have a 2nd home).

My final count was:

Sugarbush - 11
Telluride - 3
Deer Valley - 2
Snowbird - 1
Gore - 1

Last edited:

cdskier

I'm about 5 hours from Sugarbush and made it up most weekends from January through April. I did skip a few for various reasons. I hit 31 days this year. That's below my usual 40+, but I had minimal vacation days to use the end of last year unlike many other Decembers where I have a lot left to burn. So that hurt my early season totals and put me behind to start.

30 of those days were at Sugarbush and 1 at Pico.

Hawk

Ya I am with CD on this. It was a down year for us also. We had some personel things that took up some weekends and we skipped a couple of the really bad weekends. My commute is 3 hours 15 min so much easier than the NY crowd. I would say 40+ also. 7 in Kitzbuhel, 4 at MRG, 2 at Killington and the rest at the Bush.

HowieT2

Ya I am with CD on this. It was a down year for us also. We had some personel things that took up some weekends and we skipped a couple of the really bad weekends. My commute is 3 hours 15 min so much easier than the NY crowd. I would say 40+ also. 7 in Kitzbuhel, 4 at MRG, 2 at Killington and the rest at the Bush.
I was absent from sugarbush from early january until 3/23. During that time, I did winter park 4, whitewater BC 4, revelstoke 3 and 3 backcountry.